Responsible for designing, planning, implementing and administering databases, including security, access, and documentation.
1. Participates in the design, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and administration of relational databases.
2. Analyzes and determines information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities.
3. Coordinates new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure.
4. Reviews business requests for data and data usage, researches data sources for new and better data feeds.
5. Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
6. Tests designed applications.
7. Assignments may include design of data dictionaries, database structure and layout, installing, upgrading, and managing database applications.
8. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced Analysts.
9. Stay current on vendors' best security practices in relation to organizational requirements.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
The O&S Senior Level Oracle DBA/Engineer responsibilities will include:
* Being a technical resource for Oracle related design; performance; security and configuration issues
* Provide troubleshooting and problem resolution for Oracle related issues
* Developing and maintaining O&S operating procedures for the Compute infrastructure in addition to providing on-the-job training to personnel
* Support both VMware virtualized environments and bare metal installations for databases
* Understand IT baseline capabilities; design and objectives
* Gain familiarity with current data center infrastructure.
* Some interaction with end user to validate business requirements against technical implementation plan
* Supporting the Certification and Accreditation process - running SRR; resolving findings; documenting solutions; workarounds or provide justifications for exceptions
* Maintain current industry knowledge of relevant concepts; practices and procedures.
*Must have exadata experience
Skills and Abilities
1. Advanced knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques used in database development, coding, and design, including business analysis, event modeling, logical and physical database design, data access analysis and design, DBMS optimization, archive and recovery strategy, load strategy design and implementation, security, and change management.
2. Proficiency in the use of one or more specific technologies, depending on job assignment.
3. Professional certification(s) may be required, depending on job assignment.
4. Ability to communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of related database analysis and/or administration experience.
Position Skills and Abilities
* Possess knowledge of Oracle and its tools including the facets of successfully administering a wide range of simple to highly complex environments.
*Experience working on PostgreSQL databases
* Experience with RAC and Clusterware is expected.
* Evaluate and install new software releases; patches and system upgrades.
* Knowledge and understanding of all aspects of database tuning: software configuration; memory usage; data access; data manipulation; SQL; and physical storage.
* Experience managing technology strategy / roadmap.
* Development and execution of database security policies; procedures and auditing-experience with database authentication methods; authorization methods; and data encryption techniques.
* Must exhibit good time management skills; independent decision making capability; focus on customer service.
* Ability to work with the other technical members of the team to administer and support the overall database and applications environment.
* Experience with Oracle Streams is a bonus.
* Operating system and hardware platform knowledge preferred.
* SQL Server or MYSQL or VMware knowledge is a valuable bonus.