- LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY -
Join a global leader in machine to machine devices and the software that manages them. They are public and growing, both organically and via acquisition. They are an equal opportunity employer that offers a full range of benefits and competitive compensation. Base is $80-105K depending on experience. This is a permanent role. No C2C. Local candidates only. Only candidates with permanent authorization to work in the US without sponsorship will be considered.
We’re searching for a passionate Database Administrator who will be responsible for the availability and overall health of multiple databases. The successful candidate will become an integral part of our global IoT engineering team and contribute to building a high quality, distributed software systems for our SaaS platform serving a wide user base.
The Database Administrator role will primarily be working with Oracle 11g and 12c databases to ensure the integrity of enterprise data in a Highly Available environment. Requires a balance of Oracle technical expertise, business, process and communication skills. Work cross functionally with various teams including product management, quality assurance, network, embedded systems and global engineering teams. Continually monitor databases for consistency and ensures proper security measures are in place. Works with application developers to optimize, tune, and provide recommendations on database structures and queries. Collaborate within a team structure, as well as independently. Creates and manages standard operation documentation as well as follows established processes for daily and ad-hoc tasks. Provides expertise and guidance for enhancements and new technology trends. Participation in 24x7 on-call rotation.
- Bachelor of Science in an IT related field or equivalent business or technical experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an Oracle Database Administrator and/or Oracle Database Engineer managing business critical applications
- Database optimization, performance tuning, backup and restore, space management, troubleshooting Oracle errors and resolving database-related issues
- Oracle products, specifically: Oracle Real Application Clusters, Data Guard, Automatic Storage Management, OEM, Partitioning, Tuning and Diagnostics options
- Experience applying Critical Patch Updates and keeping up to date on latest advisories, security alerts and bulletins
- Linux, including Unix/Linux shell scripting
- Defining and creating database tables, schemas, indexes and debugging stored procedures and packages
- Knowledge of code migration, ability to manage database changes throughout varies stages of development life-cycle
- Ability to open, work, and manage tickets with vendors including Oracle Support Services
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Oracle Engineered Systems including Oracle Data Appliances and ZFS Storage Appliances
- Oracle GoldenGate, Advanced Security, Spatial and Graph
- Familiar with multi-TB sized databases with high volume data handling and ingestion and high data rate extraction
- SOX Audit experience
- Oracle Licensing
- Experience with other database products such as MySQL, Postgres, Cassandra, etc. is a plus